Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Gord Downie's The Secret Path



I hope All Canadians take time to view Chanie's Story!  and the story of Many Indigenous children who were ripped from their home in the 50's, to the 90's.



Thank you Gord Downie....Today you passed away,  but you will live forever in the Songs and in this telling Chanie's Story.



   I myself know some of this what happened in these schools.   I got to know a few of the survivors of these schools from the Chibougamau, QUEBEC;  Mistassini Lake,  Dore Lake and Waswanipi....  My friends... Henry, Romeo, James, Jimmy, Kenny among the many I met from my days I with the Smith Family from the U.S. - we went for 2 summers in the 70's to Northern Quebec.   We learned of these stories from the children, but very reluctant to tell their stories at that time.



Let's stop this from happening.....  Share your voice!   As your government to change for our First Nation people!

No comments:

Post a Comment